Sunday, October 11, 2009

Surprise visitors and pictures

On Friday I got to my parents place at around 9:45, talked with my dad a bit and went to bed at around 11:30. It was really nice to be there. Yesterday I got up and took pictures, cooked, went to the store with my dad, took more pictures, cooked some more, went to vespers with my mom, and cooked some more lol. At around 10pm we got a call from my cousin who was stranded with a friend about 15 minutes away from my parents place, the brakes on their car had gone kaput. So my dad went to get them and they had dinner and talked a lot and stayed the night, then came to church with us this morning. After church there was a thanksgiving potluck lunch also, the food was so yummy, and I did a ton of dishes afterwards:



Here's my dad with my cousin and her friend in the hall after church today:



Some flowers from my godmother's garden that were on the table:



My dad's friend fixed their car this afternoon and they left at about 5pm. I had a nap and got up when they left and started uploading pictures here, then watched the second half of Sense and Sensibility with my dad and my sister, and now I'm finishing this post.

Here's the view from my bedroom window at my parents place at 8am this morning. I was glad to see the sunshine cause it was supposed to be cloudy. I wish I could move back to the country so I could see this every morning:



Here's St. Seraphim church yesterday evening:





Here's the first batch of chocolate caramel crackers I made last night that the raccoons got to when I put it outside to cool. I forgot to take pictures of the second batch all broken up:



My mom's icon corner:



Fried rainbow trout with Bearnaise sauce and broccoli with homemade white cheddar sauce for lunch yesterday:



Fr. Paul and my mom at vespers yesterday, we were the only ones there:



You don't see family pictures any more nowadays. Well here's mine:



The leaves around my parents place:













My sister and my mom in the livingroom, my dad in his office. It's an ordinary picture, but I'll be happy to have it in 10 years, or 20, or 30:



The cabin in the woods on my parents property:



Some black-eyed susans in my parents garden:



A rabbit in the yard:



Tomorrow Mat is coming for my parents Thanksgiving turkey dinner, yay! We'll drive back to Montreal tomorrow evening. I'm debating whether or not to make those bacon cookies I wanted to do...

2 comments: