Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall leaves, patty melts and artichokes


Autumn Days by ^budgie on deviantART

Last night I was so busy. I went to the grocery store, they had artichokes on sale at 10/$1 so I got some along with the other stuff. When I got home I started a load of laundry, made a giant ham, mushroom and cheese omelette for Mat (with leftovers for my breakfast this morning on toast with mayo, garlic salt and freshly ground white pepper that I ate on the bus this morning) and artichokes and patty melts for me. I'm so proud of Mat, he actually tried some artichoke! This is amazing for someone who hates trying new stuff. I offered him more but he didn't want it. Oh well, maybe next time.

It was my first time eating either that I can remember, and they were both delicious. I had to look up how to cook the artichokes since I didn't know how. It's simple, just cut off the stems, stand them up in a pot (I had to wedge them in tightly together otherwise they'd float on their side), cover 2/3 with water and boil for 20-30 minutes. When they're done remove them and turn them upside down to drain. Melt some butter and add garlic salt and/or herbs, and eat them by taking the leaves off one at a time, dipping in butter and scraping the soft inside off with your teeth. They're soo yummy! I overdosed on too-salty garlic butter last night though lol, I'm going to try dipping them in herb garlic bechamel sauce next time :P

After dinner I slumped on the couch in a food coma for 10 minutes until Mat pointed out that it was already 9:30. I wanted to try to be in bed by 10 so I dragged myself off the couch to finish hanging the laundry and get a few more things done before bed. I only managed to get to bed by 11:15, but it's better than Sunday night anyways. Hopefully tonight I'll be in bed at 10:30 :P

I took pictures last night but didn't have time to put them up online so hopefully I'll be able to tonight.

I forgot to take my cortisone pumps last night but thank God there seems to be a bit of an improvement, I didn't hack my lungs up before going to bed last night for the first time in a few days, I didn't cough as much this morning, and it's a bit better today too. I'm praying it keeps getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment