Monday, October 26, 2009

Modern Gypsies

Just in case, I don't associate any negative meanings to the name gypsy, the only definition of it I have in my head is that of self-sufficient people who move about. So with that said, I came across this blog, which makes me yearn to live like them, although I'm sure that after a week or two I'd be fed up and yearn to go back home! But it's just all so beautiful when you look at it from the outside.

I can't remember the last time I laid down in a field of tall grass. Or walked in woods full of the smell of wet fall leaves. Sigh. I grew up in the country and hope I can return there some day. In the mean time I'll just have to make do with visits to my parents place in their town in Lanaudiere.

I'm really frustrated with my cough right now, although I know I should thank God for all things, I wish it would go away. I think it wouldn't be as bad if I didn't feel like I was bothering my coworkers with my incessant throat-clearing and hacking. I had been taking my cortisone pumps for a month, then my throat got too dry, and the cough had mostly cleared up, so I decided to stop cause I was fed up of taking them. Two weeks later and I'm hacking my lungs up morning noon and night. I'm going to start taking them again, I have to do something. I wonder if I'll have to take these non-stop the rest of my life? Last year it cleared up for a few months during the winter. I'm hoping it does that this year.

I went to bed way too last last night, I have little self-discipline when it comes to going to bed on time. I'll have to force myself tonight though. Yesterday we ended up not going to Ikea finally cause Mat didn't feel like it after having gone to exchange our wireless router, and I didn't want to spend an hour and a half by bus instead of 20 minutes by car so Mat agreed to drive me on Thursday night.

Oh, and I have to watch these videos and find out how much this album costs when I get home tonight. I like the sounds of nature, and this music seems to be composed of it. I'm gonna go find out more about this so-called "folktronica" (Electronica with nature sounds? I like the idea, I hope I like the music...) and where I can buy some more nature music. Oh, and aren't those pictures just beautiful? Wow. Especially the fuzzy seed-thing. I want to make a 2x4' print of it to hang on my livingroom wall! If only prints weren't so expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment