Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ruined steak, breakfast cookies and other things

I took this one on the way to work the other day, I liked the two shades of grey the clouds were:



And finally here's some pictures of the breakfast cookies. They turned out delicious, soft and cake-like, and if I have time today or tomorrow I'm going to make bacon cookies, just eliminate the oj and cereals, double up on the bacon, and use bacon fat instead of butter. When I asked Mat to try them he said something along the lines of "There no way I'm touching cookies with bacon in them!":





And I made an AMAZING grilled cheese the other day, with mayo, garlic salt and white pepper on the inside of the bread, then TWO layers of cheese with a layer of ham and more white pepper in between, then fried in butter:





Here's the steak I marinated in coffee marinade, turns out I ruined it by marinating it for 24 hours, it tasted almost nothing but vinegar:



And here's my lipstick plant in bloom:







Lots more pics to come later, I have to go get ready for church.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the steak was ruined. :( I wonder if substituting white vinegar for the balsamic vinegar made a big difference?

    I made the breakfast cookies, also! I was pleasantly surprised at how good they were.

    That toasted cheese sandwich looks yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it was entirely my fault the steak was ruined, I marinated some pork chops in the same marinade for a few hours instead of a whole day and they were amazing!

    Glad you liked the cookies! I might be trying a bacon-only version sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete