Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tamtams & Hotpot

Last Sunday I had so much fun. I went to the tamtams with my old friend/roommate Kris, who I hadn't seen in a year or so. We met up with Richard and Carlo, and I saw another friend who I haven't seen in about 4 years or so, Chris :D We stopped at the SAQ beforehand for some creme de cassis and vodka which we finished off during the day. Here's a bumblebeetle I saw in the underground parking lot of the Provigo where we stopped for some ice (I love beetles):



We spent the day sitting in the shade, drinking and watching the guys fight. Here's a video I took during the day:



Here's Kris and Chris:



When we were leaving later on we came across a weird-shaped tree:



And Kris decided to wear Richard's breastplate for a while:



Afterwards we went to Chinatown to look for a restaurant to eat at. We wanted to eat hotpot, so we tried going to Mon Nan, Richard thought they served it there, but not any more. Here are the guys in front of Mon Nan:



Here's inside Mon Nan:



So we wandered around and then Chris spotted this place:





Here's inside:



So we went there, it's an all-you-can-eat hotpot buffet for $20, plus free beer. It was soooo good! I had never had hotpot before but had been meaning to try it for a while now. Everyone loved it, and we all agreed to come back this weekend too after the Tams on Sunday. And Kris said "yeah I'd like to try it sober next time" while looking pointedly at me, as I had gotten him quite drunk lol. Here he is holding his chopsticks backwards lol:



Here's Chris and Richard:



Here's my plate loaded with goodies, lamb, beef, seafood, gourd, bamboo, mushrooms, coriander, spinach, glass noodles, egg cakes etc:



During the meal they started playing happy birthday at some point. And they they played another version. And another, and another... they ended up playing different versions of happy birthday for over an hour! loll. And then, Christmas music! lolll.

At one point Richard asked the waitress if he could get some ginger ale. She said sure and left. She never came back lol. So he finally flagged her down and asked again if they had any ginger ale. She looked confused, and he explained he wanted soft drinks. She still looked confused, so he tried saying "carbonated beverages?" to which she replied "Ok you want milk?" lolllll

We all had to hold ourselves back from laughing at what she said until she left lol. Richard finally managed to locate a soft drink fountain, and came back with some orange crush, explaining that he had gotten showered with it because the fountain wasn't working properly lol. We ate until we couldn't eat any more, and finally left. It was a great evening :D

Here's an interesting building I spotted across the street from the Hotpot:



Richard and Chris stopped for some bubble tea afterward, and I couldn't believe they still had room for anything lol.

I can't wait to go back there tomorrow! Sober this time (mostly...) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment