Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wow.

I just have to re-post this article (now that I've finally finished reading it, it's hard to read quickly between calls at work lol) because I love it.

I haven't written that much about how Orthodoxy affects my diet, most of the time I blog about what I eat, and how to make it, and that's about it. But this article confirms something I discovered when I became Orthodox, that fasting has forced me to eat better, when I don't eat meat or dairy, going vegan basically, I'm eating lots more fruits and vegetables. Even though my tastebuds might complain, I'm sure my body doesn't.

2 comments:

  1. Not long after becoming involved with the Orthodox I had to make kolyva and I didn't have a clue so I bought 3 packets of wheatberries which left me with 2 and 2/3. I discovered that they taste great with cucumber, tomato, spring onions and vinaigrette and in winter with roasted veg and olive oil and I've been eating them ever since plus all the other good stuff I discover at the health food store when I go to replenish supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea! I'll have to try that. I have to start writing down my fasting recipes/ideas cause I always forget from one fast to the next lol.

    ReplyDelete