Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Generic asian veggie fry from scratch #3

I made this for dinner tonight:



half a large onion, sliced
2-3 cups frozen veggies (I used broccoli and cauliflower)
2 small cloves garlic, finely minced
1 cup water
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp white pepper

Put the oil in the pan with the onions on medium heat and fry, stirring occasionally till they start to soften. Add the frozen veggies, stir them in, put the lid on, and fry for another 5 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. While the veggies are frying mix everything else together and add to the veggies once the 5 minutes is up. Fry another 2-3 minutes, enough to thicken the sauce. This recipe might need adjusting, all my measurements are approximate. It turned out really yummy.

Here's a chicken sandwich I made the other day with some pork sung, it was ok but next time I'm gonna try mixing the chicken with the pork sung, mayo, and spicy mesquite and then putting it in the sandwich with lettuce.



Lol I made Cheesy Poofs and then some Double Cheese Dip to dip them in lolll:





Took these today on lunch hour beside my job:









Another kind of sweet pork bun I bought in Chinatown, this one the outside tastes buttery with the pork on the inside. I'd have a hard time deciding between this and that one:



Here's what I had for dinner the other day. I reminded myself that I like my rice plain, and that I like brown rice for it's chewyness. I hadn't had brown rice in a while, I remember my mom used to make rice pudding with half-and-half brown and white rice when I was a kid, and I used to love getting the chewy brown grains. I discovered that pork sung is an acceptable replacement for bacon bits in salad, especially with Wafu sauce. How can it not be? It's cotton candy made from pork! And some of my all-time favourite sausage, President's Choice Cheddar Smokies, it's bacon and cheddar in sausage form! The juice from the pan I bake them in (I only bake them, frying wastes the juice when it burns in the bottom of the pan, same thing with boiling, it's lost in the water) is kept and separated, the fat to cook with later and the broth itself is savored as pure essence of bacon and cheddar:



And here's some pretty pink clouds seen from my balcony yesterday:

No comments:

Post a Comment