Friday, July 17, 2009

Stray black cat # 4

The new guy:



Scott came back from the corner store and said that there was a black cat hanging around the front of our building, so I grabbed a handful of cat food and went to investigate and ended up bringing it in.

This is the 4th stray black cat I've picked up lol (#1 and #2 are Sambuca and Licorice, my permanent feline residents, #3 was this one, which I ultimately gave to the spca considering his health problems and my lack of funds to take care of them). We've confirmed he's a male, he's quite young, friendly, doesn't have a name yet, is skinny, dusty, seemingly in good health, and knows how to use a litter box. I'm currently debating whether or not to keep him or give him to the spca. He is currently in quarantine in the bathroom, and doesn't seem happy about it. I wish I could give in to his meowling and let him out but I don't want my cats to get fleas or diseases. I might bring him to the vet tomorrow to get him checked out if I think I'm keeping him.

Sambuca, as usual, was NOT happy about yet another intruder into her territory:









I just find her expression really comical :P

1 comment:

  1. Awe... I've got a black cat too. The eyes just say it all don't they? Wouldn't swap him for the world! :-)

    ReplyDelete