Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dinner fit for a king

I added some zucchini tempura to the sandwich and pepper, and by the time those were ready I had already eaten half the zucchini and couldn't finish my plate lol. But it was soooo good!! I made too much zucchini because normally when I slice it and fry it in the pan it dries out and reduces to about 1/3 of it's volume, so I can easily eat a whole small zucchini along with other stuff on my plate. But when it's battered and deep-fried, it doesn't lose the volume, and there's the batter on top of that. So I had sliced up the entire zucchini with the intention of doing half deep-fried and half pan-fried just in case the deep-fried version didn't turn out any good. But the tempura deep-fried version turned out so good that I decided to do the whole zucchini that way, and ate each batch of 10 slices as I was frying the next one lol. And I also discovered that Wafu sauce is a perfectly good substitute for mayo when I make a tuna sandwich with Spicy Mesquite (which is actually not spicy, but delicious). Ooh I should have tried putting some on the zucchini! Oh well, next time. Now I'm just waiting for the smell of deep-frying to air out, I don't have a fan above my stove. Next place I move to I hope there is one!

No comments:

Post a Comment