Friday, July 17, 2009

WARNING: Graphic Yumminess

Here's the duck rillettes that I bought at the Fromagerie Hamel in the Atwater Market. It was really amazing! I'm glad I didn't buy more than the 1/8th of a kilo or so or I would have gained a few pounds lol.



I also got some Genoa salami from the same place, I love this stuff!:



I made an amazing sandwich with some leftover roast chicken leg and the salami. I stirred some Spicy Mesquite into some mayo, spread it on bread, then layered chicken, salami slices cut into quarters, lettuce, and tomato. Actually I forgot the lettuce and tomato and only added it after I had cut the sandwich into quarters and taken a bite lol. I christened it the Sandwich of Kickassery +3, which earned it's name well:



And I made some salami+sauce+tomato hors d'oeuvres with the leftovers. When I was touching up this pic in Paint Shop Pro (usually just resize-sharpen-addcontrast) I noticed a button: Depth of Focus, and decided to see what it would do, and liked the results:



And all this was all nicely washed down by an ice cold Wy:





It's been a nice break this week to not have 2034971034614 pictures to upload every evening after work as well as other stuff lol. I actually got to bed by 9:45 on Wednesday night! It was so nice to rest, I'm perpetually tired at work cause I sleep very lightly, as well as taking forever to get back to sleep once I'm woken, and I need LOTS of sleep to function properly, at least 9 hours. And I don't drink coffee, that too prevents me from sleeping, even if I just have half a cup at 9am.

I've even started wondering if I have sleep apnea, but the doctor told me it's mostly overweight people that get that, and it was probably my allergies preventing me from breathing properly if anything. And then last night I went to bed by the very reasonable hour of 10pm considering I had to get up at 6:50am again, and proceeded to hack and cough for an hour cause of my stupid allergies/sensitive lungs/post-nasal drip. I'm trying not to stuff myself with medication, I have cortisone I can take, both a nasal spray and a pump for my lungs, but they're expensive and a bother to take morning/night. So I try to do without, mostly I'm ok but if it happens like last night too often I give in and take them so I can function properly.

Tomorrow is mostly laundry and cleaning and hanging around at home. I want to make the foccacia that I was supposed to make last weekend and yummy-sounding the udon noodles I found here. I've been meaning to try making homemade pasta for a while now, I remember my mom made some once when I was a kid and it was the most amazing pasta ever. I should ask her for her recipe actually. Tomorrow evening if it's nice enough out me and Mat will go eat dinner at his mom's place and then go with Dew to see the fireworks, if not I'll stay home and Mat will go over to Dew's place. Well it's 10pm so I'm off to bed, the short nap I took on my lunch hour kept me from nodding off this afternoon but it won't tide me over much longer lol. Oh the joys of the ever constant battle for sleep lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment