Sunday, July 19, 2009

Food trip to chinatown

Yesterday me and Mat went to have dinner at his mom's place, afterwards Dew met up with us there and we went to the percussion festival:







After that we watched the fireworks competition and then came back home. Luckily my church is a 10 minute walk away from Chinatown so I decided to go over there this afternoon to buy a bunch of Chinese goodies. Of course I HAD to get some sweet pork buns:



And other Chinese pastries, I got two more with pork, and some with custard filling:



Some beef-flavored sweet fried bean curd:



And some meat, both of which tasted pretty much the same:



They're prepared by steaming for 15 minutes:



And some drinks:



So far I've only tried this one, the grass jelly is yummy!:





And some dried pork sung, the stuff they put on the pork buns, it's sooo addictive!





Man I'm so stuffed! I don't think I'll have dinner till at least 9pm lol. I can't wait to try putting the dried pork on toast with mayo! And maybe some lettuce and tomato and salami too :D

1 comment:

  1. Try stir-frying the sausage with a little rice. Delicious : )

    I know what you mean about the pork song...as a kid, I could eat that and dried cuttlefish (dunno if you can find it at your chinatown, but it's super addictive, too) all day long!

    The Yeo soymilk is great... haven't tried the other flavors.

    Takat
    Writing away about my latest 3 week adventure through China at http://katacomb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete