Friday, September 18, 2009

Quebecois food

In reading this article about Christmas tourtiere in Quebec I came across a few links to other Quebecois food stories/recipes/blogs. The first was some recipes from a few hundred years ago, which I find interesting, at the Fortress de Louisbourg. Another one is a story about an Acadian Christmas feast, which I really liked. And a third I found when I googled "pets de soeurs" to put a link in my own reply to the original article on eGullet. I'll have to look up the pictures of the pets de soeurs that I made last year. This makes me want to cook all those recipes this weekend! Gah! But I'm out of money :( Oh well. Next weekend. Mat will be home to enjoy them too :) This weekend he's off to visit his daughter again, I decided to stay home this time. I don't think I'll be able to make those recipes I said I wanted to, they'll have to wait also.

I get to have the playstation all to myself this weekend too :P Mat got a free game when he bought it, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, which I played a bit last night. He also bought NHL 2010, and with that he got a coupon to download Pain for free. So last night I went to bed late after playing both Uncharted and trying Pain out a bit, but thankfully I wasn't tired today. Still no news from the clinic. Mat will be gone tonight as well to watch the Canadians play, his mom's boyfriend had an extra free ticket and invited him along.

No comments:

Post a Comment