Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Kids?

In reading this post and the comments on it, especially Kim Ayres', just for a second I thought to myself "ok I want to have 6 kids just to do the opposite of what society dictates I should!" It's a weird thought to have for me, because I'm still afraid of having kids for several reasons. Mostly responsibility. But at the same time I do believe kids are a blessing, and that there's something special in a large family with lots of kids that you just don't get in a family of only 3 or fewer kids. I read a series of books once, I can't remember the author or the titles, but it was about a family of 8 or so kids living in Ireland in the 50's I think. After reading that I remember thinking to myself after reading that that I wouldn't mind having lots of kids later on, that there was something special about it. Mat and me only got back together in January, so our relationship is still stabilizing itself, and we're still waiting to see whether he'll be able to join the army or not. Once those things get sorted out a bit more I hope I'll be less afraid. Lol I'm weird, I don't want kids right now, but once I do want them I want lots! :P Well we'll see how I feel after I've had two, that might have changed drastically by then... :P

Another thought I had reading that post is that I'd really like to go live in asia for a while, just for the culture differences. Also I'm lucky, I wouldn't get stared at because of my height, I'm only 5'1".

No comments:

Post a Comment