Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hey lookie!! And how to fry a turkey

My blog is at the bottom of the list of Most Recent 5 Blogs in The Foodie Blogroll widget in my sidebar! :D

Thanks to a kind commenter on my second to last post I discovered that you can deep-fry an ENTIRE TURKEY. I guess I must be behind in my culinary knowledge. I'm going to have to add that to my list of Cooking Projects To Do, along with:

curing and smoking my own bacon (along with making my own smoker out of a trash can)
smoking a whole pork shoulder
corned beef
turducken (I can do better!)
gravlax
making my own hard cider
pork rillettes
homemade wood-fired pizza
bionic turkey

I called it cooking projects instead of recipes because these are all two-day (or more) affairs, seeing you have to brine/cure/prepare them in advance. Ok now go watch Alton Brown fry a turkey, it's very entertaining:





No comments:

Post a Comment