Friday, May 1, 2009

On everyday happenings lately

Yesterday I posted about the egg recipes I wanted to try for dinner. I ended up making only the pasta carbonara, and modified the recipe using capelli d'angelo, adding garlic and onion, with half-salt bacon and strong cheddar instead of Parmesan or Pecorino. It turned out really yummy, although I ate it a bit hurriedly as I had to pack since me and Mat were leaving for his place after some errands. I forgot to take some pictures for the same reason, but I have leftovers to take pictures of. Next time I'm going to use regular bacon, or maybe even some of the amazing unsmoked bacon they sell at the Eurodel. I'll also probably try using some Manchego instead of the Cheddar, although I wonder if the flavour is too subtle for this compared to Parmesan or Pecorino? I'll try it anyways, leftover Manchego will never go to waste in my kitchen!

Yesterday Mat picked me up at work, and off we went on the Neverending Quest For The Key. Mat had asked me for a copy of the key to my apartment so I told him I'd get it done on Wednesday after work, but completely forgot. So yesterday we went to the mall to stop at the Maxi to get some onions and garlic for the pasta and go to a gift shop/key place for the key. Well first we wandered back and forth about 5 times in front of the place where the gift shop/key place was supposed to be until we found out that it had closed but they hadn't removed the name on the list of stores in the mall. Luckily there was a Canadian Tire not far away so we went there after having been to the Maxi (where Mat got some pre-packaged ribs in sauce to go with the pasta) only to find out that they were out of the right size of key, and be referred to the Wall-Mart. Soooo... after having shopped around a bit at the Canadian tire we drove across the three square km of parking lot to the other side where the Wall-Mart was. We got there, walked all the way to the back, and were told that they key grinder was broken lolll. Mat joked about how I supposedly paid off all the stores to say the couldn't make the key cause I didn't really want him to have one lol. So we shopped a few small toys for his daughter and left to go home.

When we got home the contractors were there finishing the plaster on my newly-installed bathroom ceiling :D They left after about half an hour saying they'd be back this morning to paint. After arriving Mat reinstalled Windows XP on my computer and made arrangements to go pick up a new cpu he bought online while I made dinner. I didn't have time to make the stracciatella finally, or enough eggs. For the pasta I mixed the yolk in with the pasta before serving it cause I think Mat would have been a bit grossed out by a raw egg yolk sitting on top of his pasta lol. I didn't tell him the egg was raw either, and he liked it :P Actually he had been expecting the possibility of not liking the pasta (he doesn't like a lot of "ethnic" food I make, steak and potatoes for him thank you!) and bought the ribs so he'd have something to eat if he didn't like the pasta, but it turned out to be the opposite, he liked the pasta and didn't like the ribs lol. So I have leftover pasta and ribs to eat Saturday.

After dinner I cleaned up the kitchen, packed my bag since I would be sleeping over at Mat's after picking up his new cpu and cleaned the cat litter while Mat refilled their food and water. We left at around 9:25, stopped for the cpu, and arrived at his place about an hour later. I watched him install it and then went to bed since I was really tired. He stayed up a while to install Windows XP and 7. This morning he drove me to work so we'd have time to sit and eat breakfast because if I take the metro to work we have to leave at 7:30 but if he drives me there we can leave at 8:15 instead. I got out of the shower at 7:25 and hurried to get everything ready, ran upstairs to the kitchen where he was sitting and he told me I could stop hurrying cause he'd drive me :P We ended up getting stuck in traffic before the Victoria bridge but I still got to work on time.

Tonight after work I'm going home to do laundry. I might go to Mat's place afterwards to sleep over and then tomorrow go with him to his Dad's place to visit his daughter. Tomorrow he might be spending the evening playing hockey on the playstation with his friends that live nearby, if he does I'll stay home cause I don't feel like sitting around watching them play for 5 hours lol. The rest of the weekend I have nothing planned, I might try another egg recipe or two and clean up my apartment a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment