Sunday, May 10, 2009

Chinatown May 09 + other stuff

Ffffiiiiiiiiiiiinally!!! Home free for the long weekend in the country up north at my parents place :D:D:D

I was tired today, went to sleep at around midnight and got up at 6:50, normally I have to go to bed latest at 10pm to feel fully functional, so Timmy's French Vanilla it was this morning! Lol Mat got me to like it, it's what he always gets.

This week has been so busy, I haven't had time to post any pictures up yet. I only have about 3 hours in the evening after I get home from work to make dinner, eat, go on the net a bit while I do other chores and then get ready for bed and be in bed by 10 latest if possible. Argh! It frustrates me to not be able to post up pictures the same day I take them. If only I had wifi on my camera and a program to automa.... no lolll, I was gonna say automatically load everything to my blog but then it would be spammed by 23497203461861289361 pictures, 2/3 of which would be duplicates!!! Lolll so maybe my selection process is useful... I wish I could work on them on my computer at work during the day, now THAT would be nice. Hmmmm.. in theory I could if I got myself a usb key... now that there's Aviary.

Aaaaanyways, pictures!!! Stuff from chinatown and a few more from the Atwater Market that I took yesterday, I couldn't resist! The flowers were all dewy and pretty!

These were taken at the southern end of De La Gauchetiere O.:







Here's the Palais de Congres de Montreal:



Here's the interior of a little shop I had always admired the exterior of but every time I was there it was closed:



And some pretty handmade lamps they had:



Here's the Patisserie Harmonie:



Here's a deliiiicious bacon onion sweet bun I bought there, I ate it still warm from the shop while walking down the street:



A Chinese rice krispy square, it's actually bits of fried dough dripped in light syrup and stuck together cut into a square, also veeeery yummmy! This stuff is addictive!:



Another pastry I bought, also very yummy, chewy and fried with custard in the middle:







Here's some yummy taro turnovers I bought, the inside was pale purple and sweet, I forgot to take a pic of the inside though (these I found in another store though):





And an amaaaaazing shredded dried pork and onion bun I got at Harmonie too, when I went back this evening after work they were all sold out!! :( Next time...:



Here's some pork belly I bought, it turned out really yummy, I steamed it like the instructions said to:





Here it is steaming over a pot of noodles (which I added 3 different kinds of cheese to and were amaaaaaaazing too!):



And.... chicken feet!! Lolll yes I actually did go back and buy those, they were really yummy once I ignored the shape of it! :P They turned out to be soft instead of crispy, but just as good:



Some pig's feet at a grocery store:



Here's the Epicerie Sun Sing Lung, they make the most amazing roast duck there, actually it's more the sauce they give with it that makes the duck amazing:



The roast duck and sauce:





Here's the store where I got the taro buns (I think):



At that place I also got some amazing pork with shrimp paste and pork with mustard greens:





Here's the Dragon's Beard Candy shop that was in pt.1 of the Montreal food video I posted a few days ago:



And the candy, it was a lot less sweet than I expected it to be, just fluffy and light with roasted nuts in the middle:



Some roses losing their petals at a florist at the quiet end of Chinatown:





Here's a redone graffiti on Eadie near my job, the original looked like this:



I went to eat dinner with my friend Stephan at a Japanese/Korean place on Sherbrooke West near his apartment on Monday night:



We both got the General Tao Chicken Kit, it was soooo good! With green tea and warm sake too:



The soup was Miso, and in the top right hand corner were thin slices of sweet potatoes fried in tempura, they were sooooo good!



Some flowers after the rain at the Atwater Market yesterday when I went to get some Iberico, I forgot to take pics of the ham though lol:









And finally the sunshine in my livingroom yesterday evening when I got home from work:

No comments:

Post a Comment