Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Consecration of The Sign of the Theotokos pt.1

The Metropolitain was at my church yesterday for the the consecration!! I only found out after the liturgy on Sunday when the priest in Rawdon announced that there would be a consecration at one of my churches (The Sign of the Theotokos, one of the two OCA churches in Montreal) the next day. I had originally planned to take the bus back to Montreal yesterday afternoon, but I made plans to get a lift with the priest in Rawdon yesterday morning instead so I could attend.

It was sooo beautiful!! It was a bright sunny day and the sun was streaming through the huge windows in the sanctuary (is that the right word?) right onto the altar, and the dozens of priests and bishops were shining in their bright vestments in the sunlight! The singing was beautiful and the deacon who was reading most of the prayers had a beautiful deep booming voice. I think it must be the longest service I've attended so far as the Pascha services were 3 hours and this lasted 3 1/2! loll. I was so tired afterwards but it was worth it to attend such a beautiful service and see the Metropolitain, and of course the food afterwards was amazing too :P

Here is what I've had time to resize and otherwise fix up this evening:

Here's one I took at about 7:30 in the morning on the way to Montreal from Rawdon, I got a lift with Fr. Pau:



Here are the beautiful lilies they had in the hall in the basement, apparently they were originally upstairs in the church but someone was very allergic to them so they had to be moved downstairs :P :





Here we were all waiting for the Metropolitain to arrive:









I like this picture in particular because it reminds me of that moment, the whole church was quiet except for the occasional simultaneous jingling of the censers of these two deacons at the end of the line of priests, the one on the left is a deacon at my other church, St. Benoit de Nursie, and the one on the right was the one with the deep voice:



Here's during the arrival of the Metropolitain:











Here's a short clip just before the Metropolitain arrived:



The arrival and greeting, my priest is the 9th one to go kiss his hand:



The deacon reading prayers at the beginning of the service:

No comments:

Post a Comment