Friday, May 1, 2009

In reading further on "A Pascha of Incorruption"

When I got about halfway through the third paragraph here where they talk about the soul rotting, and the difference between what the school and the church teaches, I thought to myself "Oh how I wish I could explain all this to Mathieu!" But, I can't, and shouldn't try anyways. I felt like showing him this article. But I've been told not to try to explain Orthodoxy to people, how can I try to explain something I can't fully understand myself?

Further on, at the beginning of the sixth paragraph, the words "one of us" caught my attention, for the fact that for some reason that's the first time I had really thought of Christ as one of us, but He is! It also reminded me of a song that came out years ago (it played on the radio often when I was in high school 1995-2000) by... I think it was Alanis Morrisette? Anyways the chorus of the song was "What if He was one of us?" I want to tell her "HE IS!!!!" Or maybe the point of the song was different than that (I was never good at understanding song lyrics), but anyways.

Something not article related - I've thought to myself in the past how much easier it would be to act the way I should if I could see things for what they are. Lately I've realized though that there probably won't be any particular "Aha!" moment where I suddenly start seeing things for what they really are and find it easier to act accordingly. It's a liftime of work and grace - theosis. Lord have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment