Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Deck Building with a tot and egg drop soup

Here's the deck building I spoke about in yesterday's entry, here's Mat's older brother Sebastien on the left under the deck and his younger brother Maxim on the right:



And again here, seen from the patio door:



Here's Sebastien and their dad Michel:



And again here, with Mat and his daughter in the background:



Here's Mat showing his daughter how to play frisbee:



Michel playing with his granddaughter with Mat watching, comic timing on this one :P :



Mat and his daughter playing again:





Here she is finishing off her Easter chocolate, a giant Kinder Surprise egg, with an expression on her face seeming to say: "Are you done taking pictures already???" lolll:



I took these on the way back after we dropped her off at her mom's place:





Here's the Stracciatella I made yesterday. First I fried up half a large yellow onion on med. heat with a tbsp of canola oil and some salt. While the onions were frying I started 4 cups of water boiling, added 3 rounded tablespoons of fat-free chicken broth powder, stirred to dissolve and turned off the heat. Then I cracked 4 eggs into a bowl and whisked them together quickly. When the onions were brown I crushed 3 small cloves of garlic, added that as well and stirred till they started to brown as well, then put the onions in the pot with the chicken broth and turned the heat on maximum. When it started boiling, I stirred it constantly in one direction while slowly drizzling in the eggs. It turned out really yummy! I guess I was supposed to use parmesan according to the Wikipedia article but I didn't have any so I just left it out. I think I'll try adding some grated strong cheddar next time I reheat some leftovers.



And here's a frozen veggie egg roll I toasted and ate with some of my dipping sauce, mayonnaise with salt, pepper, and cinnamon. It's better than you think! My sister and her friend tried it and they liked it. I find it's best when made with McDonald's mayonnaise and used to dip McDonald's fries though lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment