Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Update

Just thought I'd write what little has been going on since the last time I actually wrote about things. Which was.... a week ago. So what has happened in a week? Nothing much on weekdays, fairly routine, get up, go to work, come home, eat dinner, go on the internet a bit, post up a few more pictures on deviantart, go to bed. Oh, aside from that, I went to visit Scott yesterday :D I got to his place at 7, he wasn't home yet, so I made myself dinner, then he got back and I took a shower and we went to watch a few episodes of Robot Chicken with a friend of his in the common room of the residence (dorm).

Last Friday I had to start taking my cortisone pumps again, my stupid cough has started acting up, I think it might have been the allergy meds I took the weekend before that that set it off, because I was fine before that. I can't be sure though, last time I was taking the allergy meds I was taking my cortisone at the same time, I guess I'll find out next time.

We went to bed around 10:10-11ish, and I was so dead tired cause (yeah I forgot about that) on Sunday night Kris was online(!) for the first time in months, so I went and said hi, and it turns out he broke up with his fiancee and the reason he hadn't been online in forever is because he's been living in quasi-seclusion for the past few months, due to some complicated circumstances with his ex. It was really nice to talk to him again. We talked till 11 or so, then I got ready for bed and made it into bed by midnight or so, and was dead tired on Monday. Then Monday night I talked with him till 10 or so, then fiddled with stuff on deviantart till 11:30 or so, and got to bed by midnight again.

Yesterday I was gonna try to survive without coffee(or what I consider coffee, half and half coffee and hot water, 3 creams 3 milks and 4 sugars loll) because I usually never drink it, I save it for days when I reeeeally need it, and by lunchtime yesterday I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't be able to last the afternoon without making stupid mistakes and annoying my supervisor without it, so I had half a cup, and today as well cause we went to bed late and I had to get up at 6:30 to make it to work at 9.

It was really nice to see Scott :D I'm probably gonna go back sometime next week as well, and see if he can come stay the weekend at my place after that.

Last weekend I didn't do much, stayed at home alone and did some cleaning and tidying, did some errands, went to church. On Sunday after church I wanted to go see where the diocesan book room was in the Promenade Cathedrale mall so I could return there sometime when it's open, and there was an exhibit in the mall about the construction of the mall beneath the Christ Church anglican cathedral. The pictures were really impressive, they showed the whole cathedral held up on giant pilars while the construction crew dug away underneath. So once I found the book room I decided to go take some pictures of the cathedral, which I had been meaning to do for a while, I had passed by outside several times but never gone in.

When I got outside, there was an anti-conservative party parade/picket going down St-Catherine st. so I filmed a bit of that, there was a drum band playing some good music. Then I spent half an hour or so taking pictures in and around the cathedral, and after that went to the Atwater Market to wander around and get some sushi salad at the Sushi Shop. I ended up buying some gourmet sausages as well at one of the butchers, and wandered around admiring all the delicious and beautiful sights and aromas. I love that place. I took a few pictures of the funny-shaped multicolored squashes outside the market as well. Here are last year's squash pics (click on them to see them full size):







I got home by 4:30 or so, ate dinner, and started uploading pictures and spent the evening doing that and talking to Kris.

This weekend I'm going to my parents place in the country (yay!) for Thanksgiving, we have Monday off :D

I'll upload my new squash pics tonight, and put a link up on here, I don't think I want to bother posting them up in two different places every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment