Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunshine, cats and saints.

Last night I went to bed at around 3am and got up at 9 for Liturgy this morning. It's beautiful and sunny today! Which is nice after the rain all day yesterday.

My plants on the windowsill this morning before Liturgy:



And my cats, enjoying the sunshine, the pic of Licorice was taken before Liturgy, and the one of Sambuca afterwards:





More sunshine and pretty red leaves!



The plants in my bedroom:



The icon of St. John Maximovitch of Shanghai and San Francisco, with his belt above it, at church:



And the chandelier at St. Benoit de Nursie, recently they tied little icons on all the candles, it's so pretty!



I took this one just as I left my apartment to go to Liturgy. The two men further down the street turned out to be Jehovah's Witnesses that gave me a copy of Awake! magazine:



I'm tired but I'm not gonna nap this afternoon cause it'll throw my sleep schedule off. After the Liturgy we had veggie pizza, pasta salad, and bread with paté and tuna salad. Very yummy! And one of the ladies asked me to do a little bit of bookeeping for the church too, so apparently I'm gonna start that. At first I got scared cause I'm no good at accounting but she explained that the tasks are really simple, just keeping track of donations and stuff.

I'm finally getting my laundry done, now I just have to do the dishes and the bathroom. I hope the dryer downstairs (we have a laundry room for the whole building) works... I don't feel like having to hang 2 loads of laundry all over my apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment