Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Rent, awakeness (finally!) and pictures.

Today is rainy and grey and cold. But I have my new fluffy blue sweater of warmth+2 on today :D

I FINALLY got around to calling the Regie du Logement about the rent increase/lease renewal notice I got. It turns out I'm already past the 1-month deadline to reply to it, but it doesn't matter. I was wondering about the options, I had the option to renew the lease, renew the lease and refuse the increase, or not renew. The lady told me that even if I renew and refuse the increase, the landlord can still make an appeal to the Regie to go to court and have them calculate it, and after that I'd have to pay whatever the Regie decides, whether it be less or more. So I'm stuck paying an extra $50/month, but I guess it must be justified cause they changed all the windows in my building, and it would have been too much trouble to go to court over it anyways. I have a roof over my head, the rent is still reasonable, I'm happy.
I got the letter a month and a half ago but between laziness, forgetfulness and procrastination I never got around to calling till now.

Now I just have to call the inspectors for my apartment. The landlord posted notices about inspectors coming to look at all the apartments and to call for an appointment, I just hope they don't check about my cats, technically on my lease it says no pets but the superintendant said it's no problem when I first moved in.

I'm happy today I haven't been nodding off between calls this afternoon. Apparently I went to bed early enough last night finally :P

I finished Dorotheos this morning on the way to work. Next I think I'll either read St. John of Kronstadt or Lives of Married Saints.

Hmmm. I can't think of anything else to write. And I can't post .... wait, I can post pictures at work! just have to copy them from deviantart, to the compter :D

Ok, what'll I post? *goes to look*

Ok, here's my friend Maus back in her punk days a few years ago in the anime club at the college I went to lol. Yes that's a rat on her shoulder, don't remember if it was mine or hers though (yes I used to own rats until I developed an allergy to them, I love watsies!!! *squeals*):



And here's Sambuca 2 years ago, looking her fattest loll:



And I guess I'll stop posting pictures cause I'll end up posting everything I have in one entry if I rely on that to entertain me between calls till I get off work lol. There's nothing else to DOOOOOO. I should have brought another book with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment