Thursday, October 23, 2008

Food, pictures, and pictures of food. And Dorotheos.

Dorotheos of Gaza is turning out to be a gold mine. Just wow. This is a book that I'm gonna re-read at least once every few years.

This morning I got an especially evident opportunity to practice my humility and patience in the form of both an evaluation with my supervisors at work, and a certain client in particular who decided he wanted to complain for the sake of complaining. Thankfully the evaluation went well, my supervisors are really kind and patient, and the call with the client didn't last long. Although after all that I was somewhat rattled for a while lol.

My apartment smells 10 kinds of AMAZING right now. When I got home I opened the balcony door and my bedroom window to air out and let my cats out at the same time, and the wind was just right so that the lovely smell of wood smoke was drifting in from across the street. I love the smell of wood smoke, I grew up with a wood stove in our house. And now I'm making bbq/spicy mesquite chicken in the oven, which is smelling even better. It's a pre-seasoned chicken leg I bought at the store, but since all the bbq flavor is on the outside of the skin, I decided to lift it up and put some Spicy Mesquite seasoning underneath, so the meat will be flavored too. Yeah I can be a perfectionist sometimes when it comes to food lol. Just ask Scott about the nachos... XD (One time we were at my parents place watching movies, and we were arguing over how to make the nachos, he wanted to just dump on the chips any old way and then pour some salsa on top, I wanted to make a single-layer mosaic of chip pieces so EACH AND EVERY PIECE would have some cheese and salsa on it. I won't eat plain corn chips, so it's just a waste when there's a bunch left in the bottom of the pan with nothing on them.)

So here's dinner! (click for fullsize uber-chicken-goodness):



(the scrapings from the bottom of the pan are sooo yummy, although the salt will kill you lol):



Served with cut green beans straight out of the can, cold (I like them that way), and hot buttered toasted rye bread for carbohydrates cause I forgot to make potatoes pasta or rice and it was too late to start it by the time the chicken was done lol:



And here's two more with the skin off just to make sure you're drooling:





Here are today's non-food-related pictures of the day lol:

The sunset as I waited for the bus home after work at 6pm:



The bus:



And one of my coworkers who joked about throwing himself in front of the camera and making a face as I took the picture of the sunset, so I joked back and said "Sure, I can take a picture of you making a face if you want, it'll go up on my blog! lol" and took a picture of him making a face XD:



And the other coworker who finished with me at 6, laughing at us:



The metro:



Inside the metro on my way home:



Lol I think this blog just might turn into a photolog instead of a blog :P I used to post all my food pictures to Super Supper on Livejournal but stopped a while ago.

As I type this Eric tells me that his pictures got screwed up when he posted them, I hope mine don't. If they do, just click for fullsize.

Ok, here goes...1...2...3...POST!

P.S.
Yay! the pics didn't screw up :D And the chicken was AMAZING!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that chicken DOES look good. And as for the nachos, I agree with you!

    As for the fact that you seem to live in Montreal, do you just post on here in English to please us? Do you use French in everyday communication? SO CONFUSED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! someone who agrees with me on the proper technique for making nachos! lol.

    I'm bilingual, we always spoke english at home so it's my mother tongue, but my dad also taught me french since it's his mother tongue (my mom's is swedish), I went to school in English, all the guys I've dated have been french-speaking or bilingual (not for lack of knowing anglophones), and most of my employment has been in french, including my current job, although we have clients from both Ontario and Quebec so it's mixed. So yes I use french in everyday communication at work, and english on the internet and with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete