Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

I ended up coming home last night, I got home at around 8:30 and spent the evening on the internet. I also finished Blessed John the Wonderworker, and resumed reading St. Dorotheos of Gaza.

This morning I attended Fr. Silouan's first liturgy, he was ordained yesterday :) The blessed bread they gave out afterwards was really yummy, I had never tasted that kind before, so I asked about it afterwards and apparently it's a greek/lebanese bread called Courban (sp?), and I found out the name of a bakery that sells it. The bakery is an hour and a half away by public transportation though... Oh well. Either I'll find one closer that sells it, or ask Fr. Silouan to buy me some next time he goes there. I googled several different spellings of the name and couldn't find it either.

I spent all afternoon on the internet, even though I have cleaning to do.

Here's a picture of St. Benoit de Nursie this morning, I think they had decorated it for the ordination, it was really pretty :) (click to see fullview!)



Here's Fr. Silouan during the Great Entrance:



Here's the the view from my livingroom this afternoon:



Off to finally get some chores done!

Oh! And I found the number and adress to the church with Blessed John the Wonderworker's sepulchre, the Holy Virgin Cathedral, I have to call them and buy some blessed oil for my godmother's husband who has cancer, and my friends mother as well. And I got to venerate his icon and his belt at church today! I was so happy :) I should have taken a picture... Oh well. Next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment