Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Rain and snow

This evening after work I missed the first and second bus, so I stopped at the chinese restaurant on the corner for a bowl of won ton soup while I waited for the next one to pass since they only pass every half hour. I hadn't brought my umbrella to work this morning, and all 3 of the umbrellas in the stand at work were broken, so I chose to get my jacket soaked instead. I'm glad I had a hood, if not I think I would have opted for the broken umbrella :P

There's nothing much left to do on the internet once I've finished my rounds these days, I'll have to start reading something again tomorrow. For tonight I'll do dishes I guess. We're supposed to get our first snow tonight :D And maybe a bit more tomorrow.

Last winter we had a record-breaking amount of snow, 3 METERS total accumulation over the whole winter!

Here's a pic of me in front of my mom's church (I'm only 5'1" tall btw), St. Seraphim Orthodox Church in Rawdon, and yes that's a plate of food in my hands, it was leftovers from the after-Liturgy meal that I took home to my dad:



And the church:



Oh, and Campbell's Italian Wedding soup isn't any better than any other kind of canned soup. I have a general dislike of canned soup, but I thought I'd try this one cause it sounded interesting. I ended up having to add a tablespoon of pesto to make it more edible.

2 comments:

  1. That is so hardcore. Only Orthodox are that dedicated to go to Church in such weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, for Orthodox Canadians it's daily life! :P

    ReplyDelete