Saturday, October 25, 2008

Skype, silliness, noodles and lack of sleep.

About a month ago someone from Desert Calling decided to organise a Friday night get-together on Skype for a few of the members. Eric told me about it last week, calling it the Friday night Festivities, with good reason lol. I haven't laughed that much in a long time :P. Last night was soooo much fun lol. Eric and Rosko convinced me to buy a headset so I could join in, I found one for $25 at Future Shop. Things I learned while on skype last night:

Canadians have an accent apparently. I had never noticed any difference between an American (not from the south though :P) and a Canadian speaking before, aside from the usual Canadian habit adding of "eh" to then end of sentences.

Bilingual is pronounced Byeling-yule and not Bilingu-wuhl.

I tend to become illiterate when I'm tired.

Swedish chef rocks! XD

Anathema in Spanish is Los Anathematos.

An iconographer in a batsuit = unapproachable sexiness.

I went to bed at about 1:30am and forgot to turn off my alarm so I was woken up at 6:50 this morning. *facepalm* I tried to fight my way back to sleep when I woke up, but my mind was racing like an excited puppy with all the silliness from last night. I gave up the fight for sleep at 8:20 and got up. I'm gonna crash this afternoon, for sure. I'm just hoping it won't screw up my sleep schedule too badly, I won't be able to sleep till late tonight, and then be tired again tomorrow, nap, repeat. Oh well I'll catch up this week.

I made one of my staple dishes for breakfast, a meal for when you're lazy. Noodles and cheese, or cheese and noodles if you're like me and put a stupid amount of cheese in it.

You just cook the noodles according to instructions, dump in a bowl with grated cheese, stir and enjoy! Here is my concoction:





And here's last night's dinner, meant to post it last night but never got around to it with all the silliness on Skype lol:





And other unrelated pictures, the view from my livingroom window this morning:





Licorice in her usual spot when I wake up:



Sambuca sitting on my balcony this morning:



The sky last night somewhat ressembled the sky one day last week, the wind had blown the clouds into horizontal stripes across the entire sky, it was amazing, I took some pics but either my camera or my computer screwed up and after I transferred them and deleted them from my camera, I found out that it was empty files on my computer, the thumbnails were showing up but I couldn't open them, there was nothing there. Stupid whateveritisthatwentwrong. Here's last night's pic from the window at work:



Eric just showed me something really... wow. I can't wait to see that movie!

Today I have to do laundry, vacuum, go to the store, order icons and call Scott. Off I go then!

No comments:

Post a Comment