Thursday, April 22, 2010

Omelette Experiment Gone RIGHT!!!

Ok I can't remember the last time something I invented BLEW MY MIND like this with how GOOD it was!!!

So I was staring into the fridge. And I knew I wanted to use up some bacon. And I figured I should use some eggs too, but I didn't want to make plain bacon & eggs cause I've been making that a lot lately. Then I spotted the bowl of leftover guacamole seasoning + kraft cheese powder sitting there. AHA! I would mix the cheese/salsa stuff with the eggs, and make an omelette, and have it on toast with the bacon!

So that's what I did. Here's my mise en place:



Then made some bacon:



Then whisked together my two eggs with about 2 heaping tablespoons of salsa/cheese mix, some dried basil, and fried in some bacon fat. It didn't hold together much but it didn't matter, I just scooped it onto my toast anyways:



I had to put the lid on the pan to get it to set properly:



I made some toast with good bread, let it cool, then spread with plenty of real mayo, ground some white pepper on it, sprinkled some smoked salt, then put the omelette on top with the bacon and cut it in half. AMAAAAAZINGNESS!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you posted two blogs in a row with pictures of bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol thanks! :D

    Everything's better with bacon! :P

    ReplyDelete