Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The last of the Lenten food

I debated even putting this up, but I figure it'll be useful for next lent when I run out of ideas. And who knows, I might want ideas for side dishes to go along with all the meat I'm eating now lol.

Here's salad with fried eggplant and seared scallops, with a glass of soy milk. This salad is AMAZING with Vio dressing. I went through a whole bottle of the stuff all to myself this lent:



Some roasted red pepper spread that I ate on pita bread, or put a spoonful of into my salad to make it yummy:



I found these strange vegetables at the grocery store and had to try them. The texture is like cucumber while the taste is like squash. Yummy!:





This is one of my favourite simple comfort foods, I've eaten it since I was a kid. Minute oats with some cold soy milk poured over, sugar, cinnamon, and pecans (the pecans I didn't have as a kid though). Stir, let it sit a minute to soak up the milk, and eat. Delicious!:



And some yummy veggie chips I found:



No comments:

Post a Comment