Saturday, January 23, 2010

Umami Noodles, Kickass Omelette, Furikake, and Notre Dame de Grace

Here are the noodles I made for lunch just now. I named them umami noodles because I love umami so I loaded them with as much umami-tasting stuff as I could. They're just beef-flavored instant ramen noodles that I added lots of furikake, old cheddar, and a tablespoon or so of bacon fat to. They turned out delicious but a bit over-salty, I forgot that the furikake had salt in it this time lol:





Here's the furikake I bought in Chinatown last weekend:



I made a kickass omelette this week:



6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup small ham cubes
2 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1cm strips
1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
4 large white mushrooms, sliced
6 stalks green onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp salted butter
grated cheese
salt & pepper

Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add the milk and mix that in too, then the cubed ham, and set aside. Fry the bacon, onion and mushrooms on med-low heat till they start to brown, then add the white part of the green onions and the garlic. Once they're nice and golden add to the egg mix and stir it in. Melt the butter in the pan, then pour in the egg mixture, turn heat to low and cover and let it sit for 10-15 minutes, checking every 5 minutes or so. When you can tell the egg is solid by jiggling the pan a bit, it's ready. Turn off the heat, top with LOTS of grated cheese, the rest of the green onions, cover and let sit 3-5 minutes more to let the cheese melt. Dig in! Serve with homemade sangria, just half & half red wine and OJ with some ice, yummy!:



Next time I make that omelette though I think I'll fry the rest of the green onions too cause they were very oniony just raw on top like that!

They're filming something called Notre Dame de Grace near my job. This is the first time I've seen this chinese restaurant with the neon lights lit up:

No comments:

Post a Comment