Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I never got around to making any of the things I wanted to cook this weekend cause I was too lazy/didn't feel like it. I really have to stop saying I'll do things within a certain time limit lol. I'll just say I have to make it SOMETIME :P. I might do it this weekend, who knows?

Last weekend on Saturday morning I went to have x-rays taken of my lower back and got to see them too. Then I went home and had lunch, and spent the rest of the afternoon on the computer, then left at around 4pm to go visit my friend Steph and watch some anime.

I brought some asparagus, leftover buffalo wings and turkey soup to eat for dinner. I wasn't sure if the soup was still good as it had been sitting in my fridge for a week. So I asked Jen to smell it for me as I'm now apparently incapable of smelling spoiled meat. I discovered that when my whole family got food poisoning a few weeks ago, and I was eating leftovers that everyone told me didn't smell good and I just couldn't smell anything bad about it. Same thing with the soup, so into the garbage it went. I was annoyed at having to throw it out because it was really good. Oh well I have more in the freezer at home, I won't let it go bad in the fridge this time!

We watched a movie by Ghibli studios, an older one, I think the name was the city in the wind or something. I really liked it, it almost made me cry lol. I was sooo tired though and we started the movie late cause we were waiting for Jen and talking so I ended up sleeping over in my friend Cristelle's bed since she was away for the weekend.

Went to church on Sunday, stopped on the way home for some Dagwoods, herring and sprats, and when I got home I slept all afternoon from about 2pm till 5pm. It was so nice to sleep! Then got up and cleaned and had dinner, then continued tidying up and went to bed at around 10:30pm. Yesterday I was dead tired in the evening and ended up going to bed at 9:15pm. I woke up around 4am when Mat came to bed, but managed to get back to sleep by 5am or so. Today haven't been too tired so far, I'm very glad for that. I'm going to try to get to bed at around 9:30pm again tonight to continue recuperating sleep.

They didn't have any of the usual salted herring fillets in oil at the Eurodel, so I got some salted herring chunks in oil instead. What a mistake. I'm never buying those again. I spent an entire half an hour picking herring bones out of the fish last night for dinner. And now I have a whole big container of it to use up because they didn't have anything smaller. I think I'll have to visit my parents soon and give them the rest lol. The sprats were ok, but I won't buy them again either. I took pictures last night that I'll put up when I have time.

On Sunday after church I also took pictures of the cathedral above my church (we're in the basement). It's a beautiful old anglican cathedral. Pictures will go up when I have time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment