Friday, December 4, 2009

Scallops and salad

Yesterday at Loblaws they were giving out delicious samples of fried scallops on baby salad greens with some really yummy dressing. I was surprised that the salad dressing didn't taste so vinegary, it was very mild and nice. They were giving out copies of the recipe so I took one. I'm going to make it this weekend along with this vinaigrette to try on salad too.

Scallops With Lamb's Lettuce Salad

20 fresh scallops
3 tbsp blend of butter and oil
salt in moderation and pepper to taste
1 container lambs lettuce
1 tbsp walnut oil
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tbsp organic aged wine vinegar

Preparation:

1. Heat butter and oil in a skillet and lightly brown scallops on both sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per side (do not overcook to avoid dehydrating scallops). Season with salt and pepper.

2. Mix together vinegar with salt, pepper, and oils. Pour over lamb's lettuce and toss gently. Divide into 4 plates, garnish with scallops and serve. Enjoy with lightly toasted nut bread.

This weekend I'm going to my parents place. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment