Monday, December 21, 2009

The next question.

In reading this post, the phrase "clean dirt" brought back memories of my childhood in the country in Ontario playing outside for endless hours, summer and winter. No video games (my parents couldn't afford them), a bit of tv, and no internet. But lots of fresh air, sunshine, flowers, bugs, toads, and anything else I could get my hands out in the trees or field or creek. I definitely want any possible future kids I have to have that too!!

In reading the tckid website linked in one of her previous posts I learned that I'd probably be classified as a "domestic" CCK (Cross-Culture Kid) having grown up between Ontario and Quebec because my dad was always looking for a job. I'm glad I did though.

For the past couple of weeks I've been missing the country more. I want to move back sometime in the next couple of years, but I'm not sure how yet. I have to get my driver's license first, and see what to do about a job, if I can work from home with this one (it's a project in the works at my company), which would be really nice, or get another one in the country. Doing what, I have no idea. I just know I want to spend more time outdoors. I want to break out of my routine.

Today I'm feeling tired and fed up and frustrated. I have to go to bed early tonight. If I don't I think I'll scream. Yesterday morning at about 7:30 I really felt like both screaming and crying but was too tired to do either. So I slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment