Saturday, December 12, 2009

Weird wreaths, and somewhat failed roasted squash

Today I went Christmas shopping with my friend Stephan. After he left I stopped at Zellers to buy Christmas tree ornaments and came across some weird wreaths, imo blue green sequins and pink feathers does not evoke Christmas!:



And here's some semi-failed roasted squash I made last weekend at my parents place:



It was supposed to look like this:



I'm guessing it was a lack of either a food stylist, following instructions precisely, or the right kind of squash and/or cooking technique on my part. It still tasted yummy though, and I ate about half the batch just as it was. The rest I put in a food processor the next day for lack of a better idea, with a vague notion that I'd spread it on toast or something. Well it turns out I couldn't care less for pureed roasted squash on toast lol. So the leftovers are sitting in my fridge waiting to be thrown out unless I decide to look on the internet for a recipe that uses pureed roasted squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment