Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Swedish food and artichokes=thistles

Here's the pics of the food I bought at Ikea on Sunday:





Some swedish crisp bread:





And sprats on crispbread, absolutely delicious:



Last night after work I went to visit Kris and Kristie and we went out to dinner at a chinese place called the Wok for some general tao chicken. I left at around 8:30 and stopped on the way back at a korean/japanese store for some food which I took pics of and will post tomorrow if I have time.

Here's what I had for dinner tonight, I made some egg-white stracciatella with leftover egg whites from the butterbeer I made on Saturday, with some leftover mashed potatoes of Mat's:



And two artichokes I had forgotten in my fridge for two weeks, they were delicious:



And upon opening the heart of one I saw it was purple, and wondered why, then realized that it was part of a flower. So I looked up artichokes on wikipedia to see what an artichoke flower would look like and it's a giant thistle! I found that really cool :P



And now I have to get ready for bed :D

No comments:

Post a Comment