Saturday, November 7, 2009

Roast Pork Sirloin

This was on sale at 50% off at Maxi a few weeks ago so we grabbed two. Here's the one we made for dinner tonight with carrots and potatoes. I didn't know how long to cook it so I looked it up here, it took 4.5 hours to cook @ 350. I seasoned it with salt and freshly ground white pepper, and stuck several cloves of garlic in it. I also sliced an onion and spread it underneath and on top. I had to remove the onion afterwards though as it was quite charred:



It turned out amaaaazing. It was incredibly tender:



Here you can see one of the garlic cloves I stuck in it:



I took Thursday and Friday off this week cause I had a cold. I hung around at home on Thursday, and then yesterday we went to Mat's mom's place, then to the garage to put his winter tires on, then to the store for a roasting pan and some groceries, then we came home and watched 17 Again. Today our old roommate Kris and his girlfriend Kristie came over for a visit, then we dropped them off at the metro and went to the grocery store and then came home and started cooking the loin at 2pm. Mat played DDO (Dungeons & Dragons Online) all afternoon and I went on the internet. Our friend Dew came over for dinner and we all ate ourselves into a food coma. Afterwards Dew and Mat continued playing and I sat and watched them for a while, then sat down to post the pictures of dinner. Tomorrow after church we're gonna go to Zellers to buy a Christmas tree on sale, to Sears for my winter boots and then to Ikea for some Swedish food, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment