Monday, November 3, 2008

Reading

Reading the Marriage as a Path to Holiness: Lives of Married Saints has made me stop to think about things. I've only read a few pages into the introduction so far but it seems like a great book. I wonder when I'll finally be able to cross "get a divorce" off my long-term list of things to do.

In reading this I'm becoming more and more convinced of deciding that if I ever do remarry, that I'd like to remarry someone Orthodox, basically so we're on the same page regarding what's most important. Although marrying someone of the same faith is no guarantee of a successful marriage, as my priest explained to me, I think it would help a lot in terms of both having the same mindset regarding eachother and our children. We'll see what the future holds, above all let God's will be done, I'm still learning that one the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment