Friday, November 14, 2008

(Delicious) vegan dinner inspired by amazing food blogger

Here's tonight's dinner, a simple veggie stirfry made from scratch that turned out amazing:



Made with:







I just cooked the noodles till done while the veggies were frying up, I dumped (about 2 cups) the frozen veggies into a pan with about a tablespoon or two of oil, put it on high heat, added a good sprinkling of the lemon pepper and some salt, when most of the water was evaporated I turned it down to medium, fried another 3 minutes or so then added a few tablespoons more water to let them steam a bit. I saw the cook at a thai takeout counter doing the same with the stuff on the plaque. Then added a tablespoon or two of teriyaki sauce, let it evaporate, stir-fry 3 minutes more, added another little bit of water, let that evaporate, then dumped them on my plate and set aside. When the noodles were done I drained them and dumped them directly into the still-hot pan on medium heat with another tablespoon or two of teriyaki sauce, stir-fry till sauce evaporated, then dumped in the plate with the veggies. Delicious! I had done this before but without the lemon pepper, but after reading this post I thought I'd try it. I'm so glad I did! That guys blog is amazingly mouthwatering. Mmmmm...

Ok, off to play WoW a bit before the Skype festivities start!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad my post was able to serve as some inspiration :) The stir fry looks wonderful and I think the lemon pepper is a fantastic addition! I will have to remember to try that next time

    ReplyDelete