Saturday, November 15, 2008

Comfort food on a cold rainy day (warning, non-fast food pics lol)

Yeah I have to go use up the rest of my non-fasting food so I can start fasting! I'm horribly forgetful and unorganized when it comes to fasts, I would have had to start preparing last week... but nooo... and I live alone so I can't just leave it for the others to eat, and I don't see my friends that often, and I refuse to throw it away...

So this morning as I was chatting with Kyriaki I was looking at Tastespotting, then got so hungry I had to make myself some breakfast. So I decided to use up some eggs. I loooove fried eggs in butter and toast! I use powdered fat-free chicken broth and white pepper to season them. My family has always used powdered chicken broth to season lots of things, eggs, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc. We keep it in a shaker on the table:



Oops I broke one:



Thick-sliced italian bread, toasted and slathered with butter:



Seasonings:





Breafast is ready!



And after breakfast Sambuca wanted to go outside:



Then when I opened the door she realized that it was WET outside and hesitated:



Then decided nope, I'm not getting my paws wet:



At which point she quickly got gently nudged outside for me to shut the door and keep out the cold lol:



Rain! I wish it was 10 degrees colder so it would snow instead!:





4 comments:

  1. Thanks to the pretty blog nice material.
    Have a great day .. ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your picture blog. It makes me wanna try it out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is strange to think of Sambuca eating eggs for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete