Sunday, November 2, 2008

Icons, beads, cinnamon buns, and incense burners

I was an hour early for church this morning cause I forgot to set my clock back last night lol. So I went for a walk downtown and took some pictures:













Then when I got back to church I noticed an interesting icon:



And afterwards I walked to the Eaton Center and wandered around till I found the Omer Deserres and bought some sand to make myself an incense burner, and I couldn't resist taking some pictures of all the pretty beads and pencils they had there. I have a fascination with them leftover from my childhood, I loved drawing and beads:









Then I stopped at the Dollarama for some sort of decorative bowl for the burner, and bought some gravel and polished stones too. After that I made my way through the maze of the Montreal Underground to get to my favourite cinnamon bun shop:



I never liked cinnamon buns till I tried these ones, they have caramel, candied pecans and hard sauce *drool*:



I took some pictures on the way back, here's Les Halles de la Gare (the halls of the station), basically a strip of restaurants/boutiques underground right beside the central station:



Here's a florist in the Halles de la Gare:



Here's the Gare Centrale (central station in Montreal):



And finally Bonaventure Metro where I got on to go home:





Then I came home and put together my incense burner:





And now I'm gonna go make bacon and eggs for dinner, and devour half that cinnamon bun, and play WoW after that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment