Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lachine Canal and Teriyaki Salmon

The lock on the Lachine canal near my job, taken yesterday:



And part of dinner tonight:



I took a regular frozen salmon filet I got from the grocery store, and since I had forgotten to put it in the fridge before work this morning I just unwrapped it, and (disobeying the instructions) defrosted it quickly in some lukewarm water. After about 15 minutes I took it out, drained it well on some paper towels, and marinated it for 45 minutes in some teriyaki sauce. Then took it out, drained it off again, and fried it with a tsp of canola oil on med-low heat. Yummy! First time I've had this, got the idea here.

And then a sweet Boca mango that I bought at the Atwater Market last Sunday:



I hadn't had a mango this good in a long time. In fact, I have only ever once before had a mango this sweet. I'm going to buy these more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment