Friday, March 6, 2009

Christ is Here!

A quote from Mother Gavrilia taken from the book about her life "The Ascetic of Love"

11. on I Foresaw the Lord - "I have set the Lord always before me"

G.G.: If we were to use a little of our imagination and place our Lord Jesus Christ by our side, permanently, do you know what an overwhelming feeling of awe we would have?

Nun:...I foresaw the Lord..."I have set the Lord always before me"

G.G.: Then, every time, before opening our mouth, we would think: What will He say? How will He judge that? How will He look at us? How will He speak to us? It is the only way. When young people ask me: "What must we do to control our tongue and our thought"? I tell them: "if He were here, by your side, would you dare do this or that? No. You wouldn't! And now you dare, because He is Invisible"?

No comments:

Post a Comment