Monday, September 13, 2010

Lord have mercy...

Ok I don't watch the news. I don't watch tv period. I don't even read newspapers or go on news websites. But some news does filter through to me and when I read more than one or two blogs about it I know there's something going on. Apparently some crazy person calling themselves Christian is burning Qurans? When I read about it I just wanted to say to whoever comes across this that it makes me really sad and frustrated and I wish I could pass on the message that not all Christians are crazy anti-Muslims just like I know not all Muslims are not crazy anti-Christians. Sigh. I remember reading an article about the long history of peaceful co-existence in other parts of the world between Christians and Muslims. I would link to it if I could but it's been so long now that I have no idea where it is any more but anyways.

2 comments:

  1. While I agree with you overall, especially about the crazy "pastor" who planned to burn the Quran, history should be remembered as it was: Muslims live in peace with non-Muslims only when (1) they are too weak to do anything else or
    (2) they are so powerful they impose their own (harsh!) terms upon the "peace".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. That's why I don't watch TV, read newspapers or surf internet news sites. I already know the world is nuts, I don't need daily confirmations.

    ReplyDelete