Wednesday, September 22, 2010

How to cure bacon

I had read a bit online already about how to cure bacon but today I just came across this and it reminded me of how much I want to actually do it someday. Maybe I'll start setting up a smoker at my parents place soon. And you can make a smoker out of many things, so it doesn't have to be super-expensive. I want to try and see if I can make a cold-smoker though, it can't be much harder than separating the heat source from the container in which the meat is smoked, and keeping it stoked for a day or 3. And finding some hardwood to smoke it with. Heck, if Alton Brown can make a smoker out of a few old lockers (can't link to the video right now cause youtube is blocked at work but you can look it up) I can make a smoker out of salvaged stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment