Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Frogs and calm

Something my friend Scott said to me the other day made me think. "So you've finally learned to relax?!" I always thought of myself as a fairly laid-back, relaxed person, but maybe I'm not.

A combination of that, this post about singing, this article about nature/silence, and this track that I'm listening to reminded me of how I felt when I was sitting outside in the country listening to those frogs, how I didn't feel like I had to get up and do something, I could just sit there for hours listening to the frogs singing. It gave me great stillness and peace. I long to be able to experience that again sometime this summer while visiting my parents, the sitting outside at dusk listening to the frogs peeping, enjoying the calm. I want to move back to the country so I can relax. There's no frogs to listen to here except for the recordings I buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment