Friday, March 11, 2011

2 Must-Try Cakes

Ok these are non-lenten (actually I think the first one can be modified to just remove the eggs), but I just have to post them so I remember to make them when Lent is over because it is SO rare that I find a cake recipe that I actually want to try! I'm not a big cake person, so when I ran across not one, but TWO intriguing, absolutely amazing-sounding cake recipes chock full of things I love, I knew I had to try them. I love anything with rosewater and almonds, and Early Grey tea too, and these cakes are full of them. I've never tried recipes with either of those ingredients yet, and I bet I'll be kicking myself for not doing so earlier once I make them! Here they are, Love Cake:


And Earl Grey Cake:


I'm so glad I came across those two websites that bring out the ethnic-food-lover in me, The Traveler's Lunchbox is so much fun to read, and has so many recipes I want to try, and Taste of Beirut makes me want to try making everything Lebanese! I already love our Montreal-Lebanese favourite Shish Taouk, which apparently is mis-named Chicken Shawarma. I almost always go for that at the mall food courts, but I prefer the chains that serve it with garlic sauce instead of lemon, I've never been a big fan of lemon. Anyways, have fun browsing! I'll have to look through those sites and find a few Lenten recipes to post here too. Off I go to drool some more...

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you like tasteofbeirut; I wanted to say that I have a ton of lenten recipes, including the tahini brownies. I need to make a special category for them so they would be easier to find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll definitely check them all out!

    ReplyDelete