Friday, March 2, 2012

Do this. Your tastebuds will thank you. (Pea soup with baby clams/mussels/whatever, thyme, dijon and butter)

Take a large can of pea soup. Open it and dump into a large bowl. Open 1 small can of baby clams and add the contents, juice and all, to the soup. Stir till well mixed. Get out a few portion-sized tupperware containers, and divide the soup into these. In each one add a heavy sprinkle of ground thyme, a good squiiiiiiiirttttt of dijon mustard (or maybe I dunno... a heaping tablespoon? if you don't have a squeeze bottle like me), and if you're not vegan or a fasting Orthodox Christian, a tablespoon of salted butter. Yes. Butter. My mom made this often for us when I was a kid, except with homemade pea soup (and without the canned bivalves, those were my own innovation). Pea soup prepared this way is classic comfort food for me.

Heat one of the containers of soup in the microwave, stir well, eat and enjoy (If you like these kinds of foods. If not don't make this recipe. Or try it anyways, it might change your opinion of them! I do that regularly, try things I don't like in case I find a brand or version or recipe of that food that I DO like.). Put the rest in the fridge for tomorrow and the day after's lunches. Serve with some form of carbs if you want. OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!! Picture not included as I'm posting from phone. And this isn't the most photogenic thing either...but delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment