Friday, August 28, 2009

Ski-Doo Water Races, swimming, MOS, and a sub

I had never heard of this until last Saturday morning Mat called his brother to ask what he was doing and he said he was going to see the ski-doo water races in Lavaltrie. I said "what? you mean sea-doo, right?" "no, SKI-doo!" "ok I have to see this for myself!" so I went with him to see, although I had originally planned to stay home for the weekend. We went with his daughter and met up with his brother, his nephew, his friend and his girlfriend. It was fun, there were 3 competitions, speed-laps, figure 8's, and jumps, but we only stayed for the first part. Here's Mat and his daughter on the right (her eye is fine, she just wears a patch for a few hours each day to train her other eye) and his friend Kevin and his girlfriend on the left:



They had helicopter rides too, but $40/person for 10 minutes was too much so we didn't go:



The crowd on the edge of the lake:



Me and Mat's daughter:



Mat and his daughter:



The races:







Afterwards we went to swim at Mat's dad's place, he had just bought himself an inflatable pool on sale. Here's me and Mat's daughter in the pool:



The pool:



Here's some flowers I saw when we picked Mat's daughter up for the weekend:





After swimming at my father-in-law's we went to the brother-in-law's place to have dinner and after dinner my dad came to pick me up and I drove back to my parents place so I could go to church, seeing as there's no Orthodox churches in either Joliette or Lavaltrie. After church on Sunday my dad drove me back to Joliette to the brother-in-law's place and Mat was there with his daughter. So we drove her home and then I drove part of the way back to Montreal.

This week I did a double take on Monday night when I was walking home after work when I saw this:





It originally looked like this (one end) and this (the other end) and all in between as well. So apparently Meeting of Styles is gonna redo it next weekend, can't wait to see what it'll be like!

And here's a pic of one of the amazing subs I made this week:



Open a 10" sub bun, layer with mozzarella, thinly sliced and fried beef, pepperoni, and smoked meat, and then a mix of friend peppers, onions and mushrooms, and more mozzarella on top, and then grill in the oven. So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment