Saturday, June 20, 2009

Back home and pictures

So on Thursday I sat around all day watching tv while it rained outside, going stir-crazy, so finally at 10pm I upped and decided that I wanted to take the bus back to Montreal yesterday morning instead of waiting for a lift from Mat on Sunday. So I called Mat and told him that, and he offered to come pick me up, so he came and slept over at my parents place in Rawdon Thursday night, and then yesterday after breakfast he helped my dad and I cut up and clear away a few fallen trees.

We left at around 3pm, got back to my place around 4:30, and I promptly fell asleep till 6:30pm, completely ignoring the brimming smelly cat litter and other little stomach surprises that my cats had so kindly left me that morning (and Mat stepped in). So I got up after my nap and cleaned up, then we went to eat at Dagwoods, then went to Canadian Tire to get some plastic lawn chairs for my balcony, then to Toys R Us to look for a scooter for his daughter's 5th birthday and found one on sale for $30. So he bought that and I got her a large (10cm diameter) clear rubber water-filled ball with purple sparkles in the water, and 3L of pink bubble soap :P When I told that to my dad he said "she'll be blowing bubbles till she's 17!" lolll. Afterwards we went to the grocery store and then came home and did laundry and went to bed (late). This morning Mat called me after leaving for work to say we won't be going back to my parents tomorrow as planned cause his car broke down and he won't be able to fix it till Monday or Tuesday.

Today I've been bumming around in pj's all day (it's 2:48pm now) and I'm gonna make something to eat and then leave around 4 or 5 to go to vespers at St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox cathedral here in Montreal cause there's a miraculous icon that will be there today and tomorrow that a friend told me about, she'll be there with her family as well.

Tomorrow no plans besides church so far, I might hang out with Mat or go to the Tamtams.

Here's the branch pile we collected from the fallen trees before it's completion, it was even larger than that when we were done, with a big pile of logs beside it. Me and Mat are gonna go back soon and have a nice roaring bonfire (without setting the forest on fire) lol:



A delicious crab sandwich I made with fake crab, salt, pepper, mayo and spicy mesquite in the food processor, on Ryvita crisp bread:





A few pics from the garden:



























My sister on the veranda:



Mat and Papa doing some father-son-in-law bonding of the best kind: with a chainsaw and some trees! Lolll:









And here's Rambo, my parents are getting rid of him finally cause they don't have the time and patience to train him, he does too much mischief:





Here's some pics my dad took of his breakfast Thursday morning lol:





And Mat and Rambo, Mat wanted to take him, but I told him no way with my two cats and no time to train him either lol:

No comments:

Post a Comment