Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Pictures Pt.2

Leave it to me to procrastinate, procrastinate, procrastinate and then get a months worth of photo blogging done ALL in one evening lol. Here are the pictures of some of the things I mentioned in this post, Pt. 1 is here.

The girls on my bed:



My delicious Dagwoods:



The Cinnabon, the best cinnamon buns in all of Quebec, with caramel and hard sauce and candied pecans *drool*:





The blue cheese we bought at the Atwater Market:



The Manchego (this stuff was great, not as great as the rosemary manchego I tried once though):



The Pain D'ange, a slightly soft cheese that tasted a lot like Swiss, didn't like it much:



The Piquant Truffé (om NOM NOM NOM!!!), spiky chocolate truffle dusted with cocoa, inside is chocolate mousse, chocolate-liqueur-soaked chocolate cake and caramel, I tell you it didn't last long between the 3 of us!!! Lol it wouldn't even have lasted long with just one of us!:



The amazing thin-sliced bacon I bought at the one of the butchers at the Atwater Market. I had been meaning to try some ever since I started reading Bacon Unwrapped, which unceasingly extols the virtues of any bacon NOT mass-produced and sold in a grocery store. They even have some double smoked bacon! Next time I go I'm gonna try that, the smokier the better!:









Here's some things I bought in Chinatown as well. I love trying weird stuff. Here's some "Roated Fish" lol. I didn't like it much finally, and threw it away:





Some Hawberry, which was actually yummy, but I can't find an adequate explanation of what it is. The wikipedia definition doesn't seem to fit what I had, like I mentioned here. The flavour is kind of like the spices you'd put in a pumpkin pie, cinnamon, cloves, etc., yet it has a coolness like mint at the same time. I don't know if any of these flavours are added to the original fruit. The texture is dry and hard:



And here's some yummy lobster chips that I had tried before, they melt a bit like cotton candy and stick to your tongue lol:



Me eating some for breakfast in pyjamas with my messy hair lol:



And I just love the Engrish on the bag :P (click for larger view):

No comments:

Post a Comment