Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What to do with the cat?

Last night I spent all evening running around cleaning up after the stray cat and doing laundry. I can't put her in my bedroom again because I don't feel like having to wash my floor and bedding a second time. I think she must be sick because she doesn't eat much, although she's really skinny. I don't have extra money to bring her to the vet though. I want to just call the animal patrol guy to pick her up, she will most likely be euthanized, but Mat doesn't want me to have her euthanized, he'd rather drive her out to a farm in the country, which imo is worse because it would only prolong her suffering.

I have to shut her in the bathroom with her food and litter box, to keep her away from my other cats, and she meows constantly when I'm not with her.

5 comments:

  1. You mean this cat is not using her litterbox? Is that why you've been cleaning up?

    I'd look online or in the phone book for some local cat ressue society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has, but she has stomach problems, so half of what comes out of her rear end gets stuck in the fur on her backside, and then gets transferred to whatever she sits on, which included my desk, the floor in several places, the couch, and the bed. I did call the SPCA here in Montreal, they told me to call the animal patrol in my neighborhood to have it picked up. Last time I called them I asked what they do with the cats they pick up and he told me they try to find a home for it but if they can't they euthanize it. Which, imo, is better than it living on the street because at least it prevents it from further suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, better than living on the street.

    But don't yo have any *private* cat organizations there? We have something called C.A.R.E. (Cat Adoption, Rescue, and Education) and something called P.A.W.S., which I don't know what that stands for, and so forth. Private organizations of cat lovers who foster cats and have special arrangements with veterinarians and so forth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Google, "Montreal cat rescue organizations" and you'll get several promising results. You can start by getting in touch with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I hadn't thought of that. I've already looked up a list of them to call after work today and on my lunch hour tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete